- A Master’s degree by way of research; or
- A Master’s degree by coursework with CGPA of not less than 3.7; or
- A Master’s degree by coursework with CGPA between 2.0 and 3.69 and a Bachelor degree with CGPA not less than 3.0; or
- A Master’s degree by coursework with CGPA between 2.0 and 3.69 and a Bachelor degree with CGPA between 2.5 and 2.99 and one of the following criteria :
- Relevant work experience;
- Publication in the relevant field;
- Applicant is a scholarship holder;
- Applicant is a University of Malaya graduate;
- Applicant is a civil servant.
English Language for Non-Malaysians
TOEFL – score 600; OR
IELTS (Academic) – band 6.00
Bahasa Malaysia for Malaysians
Pass in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
Bahasa Malaysia for Non-Malaysians
Required to attend at a satisfactory level and pass a course in Bahasa Malaysia conducted by the University before being conferred the Degree.
The PhD programme is a full research programme leading to the submission of a thesis based on an individually supervised research. All research proposals must be approved and research be supervised by the Faculty.
PhD candidates are required to register and pass a Research Methodology course (LVX8001) with 3 credits.
At the end of the candidature, a candidate is required to produce a thesis not exceeding 100,000 words on the subject of his/her research.