· To build and advance a Malaysian consciousness in the study of law.
· To promote bilingualism in the study of law, that is, giving equal emphasis to both Bahasa Malaysia and English in study and research.
· To promote research into and publication of Malaysian law, not only as regards the reception of the Common Law but also in the fields of Muslim law and Customary law.
· To increase the study of and research into various fields of international law, both public and private, in line with changes in the global arena.
· To increase legal awareness among members of the community.
· To promote, not only high academic discipline in the study of law, but also strong emphasis on practical skills training and ethical values of the profession.