Dear UM Students,
REPLACEMENT OF FACE TO FACE TO NON-FACE TO FACE TEACHING AND LEARNING (TnL) ACTIVITIES
Universiti Malaya (UM) has taken and will continue to take proactive steps in dealing with the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCov) including the coordination and implementation of instructions issued by the authorities from time to time.
Taking into consideration the latest development of the outbreak, the University Management has decided that all face to face teaching and learning activities (eg lectures, tutorials and labs) will be replaced with non-face to face teaching and learning activities from 17 - 23 February 2020. Lectures will be as usual starting from 24 February 2020.
For that, students/candidates are required to take the following actions:
- To perform their courses registration processes via online as per the schedule which is from 10 February to 2 March 2020. For more information, please visit:
- All Undergraduate students and Postgraduate candidates (new and active students/candidates) as well as mobility students arriving/returning from China are to undergo compulsory health screening at the 10th Residential College. Students/Candidates will only be allowed to attend lectures and other teaching and learning activities commencing 24 February 2020 onwards after going through the 14-day isolation period and upon receiving the Release Form from the Student Health Clinic (SHC), Universiti Malaya.
- To seek advice and latest information on learning materials from the lecturers involved from time to time. Do download all learning materials on Spectrum starting 17 February 2020.
- Check-in to residential colleges for Semester 2 Session 2019/2020 can be done on 22 and 23 February 2020.
- All students/candidates are required to comply with the instructions issued by the University Management from time to time.
Professor Dr. Kamila Ghazali
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic & International)
Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic & International)
Level 9, The Chancellery
50603 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 7967 3203
Fax: +603 7957 2314
Website: www.um.edu.my /umacademic.um.edu.my
Download this communication.
See Notice to Staff.
About the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
Last Updated: 12/02/2020