How to Write Research Proposal
Applicants for higher degree programmes by research are required to submit a comprehensive statement of the research programme which they propose to carry out. The proposal should comprise the following elements:-
- Field of Research
- Topic of Research Proposal
- Background or a brief literature review on the research topic
- Objective of Study
- Explain the objective(s) that influence the research
- Methodology of study
- Explain the methods used in study such as library research, lab work, field work, historical documentary, interview, survey, evaluation and analysis, etc.
- Work schedule
- Equipment required (where applicable)
- Please give details on the estimated cost (where applicable)
- Brief bibliography
The research proposal should contain between 1,500 - 2,000 words or about four (4) pages.